When we want to initiate a business and we need an investor, or simply when we are in front of a chance to make a great movement with a client, we need those minutes to be perfect. The problem is that not everyone knows how to make project presentations, something that we didn't say but the statistics did.
Only the 1% of the first presentations of a company succeed. When you are an entrepreneur these are very important, that’s why you need to know how to make good presentations.
There are a series of essential factors for your success on presentation design, on the following lines we’ll see from non-verbal communication through knowing how to present a PowerPoint project and the most important keys on how to present a business project.
Let’s see some of the best tips for your presentations.
Search for professional help to make your presentation
The first thing we need to take into account is to have a perfect control of the speech and have no place for improvisations. Starting from this premise, we must have a powerpoint that won’t rest fluidity to the message, but to be a support for us. The project presentations should be as simple and visual as possible.
The specialists on creating presentations can help us to choose a certain type of font that fits the project and the company besides an adequate design.
Define your Brand guide
If we want a presentation to be corporative we can include the logo on the slides, but it’s not necessary to include it on each one. Sometimes it’s enough to include them at the beginning and at the end.
The importance of colors
The color we use affects the emotions of the audience, which attracts their attention or causes rejection:
- Blue Color: transmits security, confidence, trust, credibility and quite.
- Grey Color: transmits lack of compromise, it’s a scape from anxiety and frees the speaker to predetermine the perception of his audience.
- Green Color: promotes the discussion, implies resistance to change, it’s analytic, exact and precise.
- Red Color: can motivate the audience and cause an important emotional response.
- Brown color: this color takes with it a desire of stability. It’s necessary for something permanent or solid. It’s passive.
- Violet color: It is associated with mysticism and frivolity.
- Yellow Color: it’s bright and brings joy. According to the chosen tone it could be very annoying and create anxiety.
- Black Color: won’t give options. Implies power, ungovernability and strength.
Less is more
Placing images that impact is very important to capture the attention of the audience. If it’s an oral presentation we can create a script that help us complement the information, but without the necessity to include all the text on the presentation.
The presentations should not be static but dynamic because our eyes are used to movement. We can use graphics to move the eyes to the initial point and play with the data visualization.
We can use transitions or animations on specific moments, for example, when we are changing the subject but not on every single slide.
Who are we going to address the presentation?
It’s not the same to make a presentation for a high level team, for someone that dedicates to marketing or for the CEO of a company. Each one of them requires a different tone of communication and this can change the presentation completely.
A CEO needs us to be clear. It means, he might want to know how much does it costs, where you can help and how quicker is the solution, for this it's recommended that the professionals that develop your presentation know how to work with data visualization. With other executives we have to detail more numbers, evolution, etcétera.
Following these steps on how to present a project we are sure that any presentation will be suitable for your audience and will reap great success.