What is SEO On-Page?
On Page SEO are all actions carried out in the code or text of a web page in order to improve their positioning .
On Page factors are totally dependent on the webmaster or editor of a website and not third parties.
It is the basis of SEO , the first thing to be analyzed when you want to improve the positioning of a website.
Do you want to publish this infographic in your website?
It´s easy, copy and insert the following code in your website.
<a href="https://ernestoolivares.com/infografia-seo-on-page-2016/"><img src="https://ernestoolivares.com/wp-content/uploads/Infografia-SEO-On-Page-2016.png" alt=“SEO on Page perfecciona en 9 pasos - Infografia” title=“SEO On Page 2016”/></a><p><a href="https://ernestoolivares.com/“>Infografía por:</a> Ernesto Olivares Visual Information</p>
#1. Use friendly URLs. The more readable and short they are, the better.
- Avoid large URLs and filled the paramethers.
Mal: https://midominio.com/9e37fd/ id_category=tiendas&place=madrid/0003ft
- Google can ¨cut¨ URLs approximately from 70 characters.
- Mention your keyword in the first 4 words in the URL.
#2. Optimize your title
- Keep it below 55 characters.
- Try to include your keyword in the title (but don´t repeat it without sense).
- The page title or post must go inside of an tag <h1>
#3. Meta etiqueta Description: A unic description for each page
- A good description can help you to achieve more traffic.
- Redact a description for invite your users to make click un your results.
- Don´t over pass 155 characteres (or Google will cut your description).
#4. Your website must be responsive (adapt all devices)
- Google penalize websites which are not adapted for mobile devices ( Google shows your page more down when the user searches from a mobile device).
- Make sure that your website pass the ¨test of optimization for mobile devices¨ of Google. (https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/)
#5. Your website must be fast, faster
- The speed of loading is one factor of the algoritmich of Google.
- 75% of the users won´t back to a website if it take much time to charge the page.
- Check the speed of your website according Google, with Pagespeed Insights.
- Other excellent tool is Webpagetest.org
- Tip: Make sure to check specially the metric First Byte Time.
#6. Include links to other pages
- Google doesn´t like ¨blind alleys¨
- Bind to other pages of your thematic or nich is a good signal of relevance for Google.
- Bind to other website is to give a vote, is better bind quality websites with authority.
- Avoid ¨bad relations¨: don´t link to websites with decrease quality or spam.
Links schemes (Guidelines of quality from Google)
#7. Keep in mind your users
- Google wants to satisfy their users, that´s why is better to have a low rate of rebound and a lot of viewed pages read per session.
- To avoid the rebound, put always the most important in the beginning, and use a clear design.
- If your text is too large, show in the beginning a board of content.
- Have in mind that many users scan, don´t read. Use headlines, bolds, lists, etc.
SEO Ranking Factor #1 Is Satisfaction
#8. Optimize all pages
- Alt image: A short description about what the image wants to show. Don´t let it empty!
- Mention your keyword in the name of the file, in the image title and in the alt image.
- Use tools for the comprehension to decrease the weight of images.
- Images with excesive weight (over 60 KBs) improve the time of loading.
Good tools of comprehension:
#9. Don´t forget structure data
- Give additional information for the search engine understand your site.
- With them, the results in Google give more information and highlight the rest.
- The most accepted standard id schema.org
- It can show in the results of Google the price of your product or your users opinions.(*****)
- Also, the breadcrumbs are important (it shows where your page is in the hierarchy of your site).
Infographic elaborated with Juan González Villa (@seostratega)