Humans are entering an era were creative services are turning into more human experiences. That’s why we know at Ernesto Olivares Visual Information that Design Thinking in Business is the formula for success. We employ this methodology to give personalized services to customers.
We can use it to create a bond with our client, get to know its actual needs, and suggest suitable solutions for his projects. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a graphic designer, app developer, or even an architect!
The method was created in the 1970s by Stanford University, in California, and it was used by many companies that began achieving exceptional results in short to no-time.
Companies like Google have been using this methodology for years now, which grants them the advantage of thinking the way users do. That helps companies develop top-notch strategies for any market and new opportunities without ignoring clients needs. It's also an excellent method for generating a bond with users, which can redefine whole business models by considering their opinions.
Still in 2019 is one of the most reliable methods that you can apply in any business to obtain satisfied customers, and we can help you!
Design Thinking in Business; How It Works?
We use the DT Methodology because it centers on solutions. Recognizing this, we can summarize the method into five non-linear yet crucial stages. Those are:
- Empathy: The opening stage is getting to know your customers and users. You have to put yourself in their position to know how they feel and what are the necessities they must fill. In this part, we use immersion to put ourselves side to side with the users of a product or service. Other great tools are constructive real-time feedback and even undercover immersion.
- Definition of goals: When we have collected all the essential data, we set objectives. Taking only relevant information into consideration, as these are the "problems" we need to solve. We create a target profile with the data collected from users. Visual Thinking and infographics can be used to organize them easily.
- Brainstorming: Design Thinking is mostly a group activity, and Brainstorming is an excellent strategy for gaining different viewpoints. All individuals in our team have to share ideas for this to function, along with group sketchnoting to pin the ideas.
- Prototyping: We take excellent ideas without discarding the good ones, and create various solution offers. Visual prototypes, physical prototypes or models.
- Testing: Take the opportunities to test the selected solutions, by applying them in randomized and A/B testing. UX feedback, storytelling, and usability testing are also applied.
Our principal goal is to create the best set of resolutions to a problem. Therefore the process might change according to circumstances. We undergo these actions as needed to obtain a beneficial outcome. Another important advantage of using Design Thinking in business is that the method allows us to innovate in the best possible manner.
Design Thinking in Business, Innovation, and Infographics.
Here we also know that innovation is fundamental to each and every company. Due to this, they must adapt to a changed world; the Visual World! With the exponential growth of social media, humans have embraced their visual thinkers' characteristics. Because of this, users and companies have unprecedented access to communication.
That evolution leads to the adaptation of the visual presence of companies. Their story, brand's voice, accomplishments, and aspirations ought to be synthesized into visual resources to cause a greater influence on users (or other companies). Once again, Design Thinking in business and infographics is the path to follow.
Why Design Thinking and infographics are related?
Infographics are an essential tool we must use for sharing synthesized and easy-to-digest information in a graphical way. Because of their nature, they can stay longer in our interlocutor's mind. These tools are among the most influential. Especially when combining them with graphics resources such as analogies, charts, and allegories.
Because by using DT we can know whom to address the content to, which information to share, how to share it, and more. Due to DT we can also check the performance of our infographics, to create new ones, make small changes or start over.
The future of Design Thinking in Business.
This practice is exceptional for the ones involved, and that has been acknowledged by companies, designers, and users. Because of that, we can only presume (and hope) the DT methodology trend will never stop. That will erase insensitive corporate directors, to put authentic humans in command of a new series of enterprises. Due to this, the services we know are going to improve greatly. That includes everything related to marketing, education, architecture, and more. We can say that Design Thinking can save the world! Because that same strategy will also change the way products are developed by taking into account environmental repercussions.
Do you need to adapt your company to the new Visual World? At Ernesto Olivares Visual Information we can help you show the world its true personality!